Endurance/Triathlon Team Launch – Wenesday 27th March, 20.15 @ LCDS
Calling all endurance athletes/triathletes/ those with a slightly skewed perception of pain……You may have heard the rumours…Just a quick note to say that there will be a meeting next Wednesday (27th March) at 20.15 in the Clinic, in reference to the spring launch of a new Endurance/Triathlon team….
Headed up by Carlton Rowlands, Osteopath and former GB Triathlete, the plan is to get all likeminded folk in the Valley together to share in training, racing and social events. Initially the club will operate as a simple platform for group rides/runs and slowly develop to encompass a full weekly calendar of coached sessions and events.
Whilst there is an abundance of talent (and fitness) in Chamonix this is not exclusively an elite team, everyone is welcome who wish to participate at any level, and the breadth of knowledge and support of La Clinique du Sport can ensure that all can achieve their own goals.
Things to look forward to:
- The chance to meet up with local athletes and share the enthusiasm and provide a presence at local triathlons and races
- Group rides (fast, slow, long and short distance groups) with coffee meets (seasonal)
- Coached sessions
- Twice monthly club champ Duathlon and time trial series
- Beginners sessions
- Social events including end of season dinner
- Training events – sports science lectures, performance testing, professional bike fitting, etc.
- Club open water swimming sessions (seasonal)
- Free use of club equipment (bike boxes etc)
- Friendly advice, support and encouragement in all areas of the sport.
- Of course…… amazing team kit!
So the meeting is next Wednesday (27th March) 20.15 at the Clinic – the aim is to assign a committee and get to work on the start up plan in place. Please have a think about what role you could play and remember you don’t have to be a top level athlete. If you feel you’d rather not be part of the committee but just want to be involved in the club feel free to come along and perhaps meet up with a training partner on your next ride…
- Treasurer – (Fr speaking req) –
- Secretary – (Fr speaking req) –
- Race captain –
- Training officer –
- Social Secretary –
- F. Media and Merchandise –
Also if you know of any companies who may wish to offer sponsorship it may be a great opportunity to come on board with a dynamic and potentially very successful team.
Look forward to meeting you all next week, and if you would like any information in the meantime don’t hesitate to email me Carlton@lacliniquedusport.com